Sunday, February 10, 2008

T-Minus 1 week!!

It's hard to believe that at this time next Sunday, we'll be the parents of 2 little boys. People keep asking me if I am ready and the answer is no. If I could remain pregnant for another 2 months, I probably would. Part of it is because I am nervous about how much our life is about to change and part of it is because I really do love being pregnant. I am not complaining about how stretched out my stomach is (no stretch marks yet though!!), how big I'm getting, how much weight I've gained, or "just wanting it to be over." (I could, however, do without the pain I am having when I walk) I never got to experience this with Caleb and I know how lucky we are to have made it to 38+ weeks. Unless you've had a preemie, you probably don't realize how much of a blessing a full term baby really is. It irritates me when people take it for granted. Now, I just pray that we have a smooth delivery and that our new little guy is born healthy. (I also hope that this weather warms up before then. Today our thermometer at home said -6 degrees and on the news I heard it was -40 degrees with the wind chill....now that's COLD!!)

4 comments:

Sarah Furlough said...

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to "meet" your new little guy!

abby said...

You go, girl! 38 weeks is FANTABULOUS. And hopefully by the time the little one arrives, it'll be warmer... We're looking forward to Caleb's imminent big brotherness!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Trisha!!!! We are looking forward to meeting the little man!

Jess said...

Good Luck with delivery next week! I hope all goes well!