Caleb has had a terrible time adjusting to having a brother. He seems to be
getting better every day though. When he visited me in the hospital, he wouldn't look at me or the baby. When we first brought Isaac home, he didn't even want to be in the same room as him. He still cries when Isaac cries, which stresses me out! He still doesn't want to be too close to him, but today he sat on my lap while I was holding Isaac and we read a story. That was a huge step for him. For the longest time, he wouldn't touch him but now he'll give him kisses on his head (and also has tried to bite him and hit him....) He also likes to say his name by yelling "I-dit" into poor little Isaac's ear. As I suspected, his eating has gone from bad to worse and the vomiting has returned. He won't eat if I am holding Isaac, which is his behavioral manipulation shining through. He was weighed today for his RSV shot and weighed 24 pounds with his clothes on and the nurses stethoscope on the scale....so it's hard to tell if he's lost or maintained his weight. We go back to the feeding clinic in a month.
I have to keep this short, but wanted to let you all know that we are alive! I hope I will be able to update again soon. Isaac has a doc appt on Friday...it will be interesting to see how much he weighs. He no longer can wear newborn size diapers or clothes! It's so nice to have a baby that loves to eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment