
Isaac had another weight check yesterday. I almost passed out when I saw how much he weighed. Last week he weighed 7 pounds, 12 oz. Yesterday he weighed 9 pounds 5 oz. Can you believe it?! He's also 22 1/4 inches (he was 21 inches when he was born.) I am actually happy to share his growth chart stats. He's in the 50 percentile for weight and head circumference and 75th for height. Like I've said before, this kid loves to eat. Last week they were concerned because he was losing weight, so I had to give him bottles after breastfeeding. Mr Isaac decided that the bottles were much easier to eat from and has abandoned breastfeeding. I figure as long as he's getting breast milk, it doesn't matter how he drinks it (even though I HATE pumping. Caleb's new word is "boobs" Lovely huh?). The preemie mom in me prefers this way because now I know exactly how much he's eating and can make my little feeding charts. He's already taking 3-5 oz at a time and usually takes 26-3o+ oz a day. I still cannot get over how much he eats! He's only 3 weeks old! Caleb has never in his life taken more than 4 oz at at time and his max intake for a day was 22 oz. I think Isaac is going to be a big boy!

2 comments:
Trisha,
I am so Happy that Isaac is doing so well!!!! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Just a little funny thing...I don't think Joshua even took 5 oz at a time till he was over a year old.
Great Job Keep up the good work!!!!
Awesome! Ah the difference between a preemie and a full termer! Congrats!
Post a Comment