In some ways I can't believe Isaac is already 12 weeks old. In other ways, it feels like he's been here much longer. Maybe it's because he's already doing so many things developmentally. Maybe it's because our first baby was premature and it seemed like it took him forever to reach developmental milestones. Maybe it's because he's so big and already wearing clothes that Caleb wore after his 1st birthday....Isaac is so strong. He's able to hold his head up well now and loves to sit up when on our laps. He doesn't mind tummy time anymore as long as he has toys to look at or Caleb's around for entertainment. For some reason, he's mesmerized by Caleb.
Whenever he hears his voice, he's looking for him. If Caleb moves out of his sight, he turns his head to find him. It's pretty cute. Caleb doesn't like it when Isaac looks at him so he's always growling at him and giving him dirty looks. Isaac also has a new best friend named Buggy. He loves to hold onto it and can already put it's legs into his mouth. This is just amazing to me. It took Caleb forever to realize he had 2 hands, let alone put toys into his mouth! Isaac has started to have a little separation anxiety from me if someone else is holding him. He'll be fine for a little bit, but then I think he realizes it's not me holding him and he freaks out. His little pouty lip comes out and he cries real
tears. It breaks my heart since it's really the only time he cries for any length of time. It takes forever to calm him down. He continues to be a champ with eating and gets very upset when I make him take a break to burp. He has a little bit of reflux, but it clearly isn't affecting how much he eats and he's obviously gaining weight, so I am not too concerned. It gives him the opportunity to wear more of his cute clothes since I have to change him several times a day because he spits up so much. Isaac has also discovered that his voice can be really loud. He's always "talking" and now has started to laugh. He's been sleeping through the night and always wakes up talking and smiling to the ceiling. Have I ever mentioned that this little guy is such a blessing?!Here are pics to compare Caleb and Isaac. Caleb was 12 months old when his was taken and Isaac is 12 weeks! I just found the clothes when I was sorting through C's old stuff. This is the only time Isaac wore the pants because I had a hard time buttoning them and he looked so uncomfortable when I made him sit up. I think he's holding his breath and trying to suck in his gut for the picture:) Caleb wore those pants until the following summer (about 18 months old) when they became too short. Back then I was convinced he wore them so long because Gymboree clothes "run bigger." They are size 3-6 months! Isaac is wearing some 6-9 month clothes already.....
Please ignore Caleb's outfit in this one. Even though he's never seen the show, he's obsessed with Thomas the Train. The only thing he ever wants to wear is his "Homas" clothes. Unfortunately, his Thomas shirts are PJ tops and have short sleeves, so he then picks another ugly shirt to wear under them....
No comments:
Post a Comment