Well, Caleb's fevers are gone, but now he has a terrible cold (what I am hoping is a cold at least). He's never had a cold before, so he's surely due. But geez, cut the kid a break! He's very congested and has a really bad cough. He coughs to the point of vomiting. He's hardly eating and what he does eat (bottles) he almost always vomits back up. I forgot how much it sucks to clean up puke several times a day and our house has that "vomit smell" again. YUCK. I have a horrible cold that started on Thursday and I think this is the worst one I have ever had. I even called in sick for work today, something I have not done since my water broke with Caleb. Isaac also has a cough. Thankfully his is more of a dry cough at this point. But he's been extremely fussy/clingy which isn't like him at all. He also wants to eat every 2 hours. (I weighed him on our scale this AM with me and he weighed 18 pounds!!) So between Caleb puking, me being sick, and Isaac eating non-stop, it's been a long week. So far, Joel is feeling good. Anyway, I called the peds office yesterday to see what I could give C for his cough and of course they wanted to see him. It was actually the quickest office visit we have ever had. I had to bring Isaac with too, which made me nervous. But, Caleb didn't even cry which is also a first!! Caleb's throat is still "very red," but his lungs sounded clear and ears were fine. His doc said that they are seeing this type of cough with the virus that he has and it lasts 7-10 days. He told me to give him buckwheat honey before bedtime for the cough and I actually think it helped. He's back to coughing again toady, but he's in a good mood so maybe he's starting to feel better. I am so tired of taking his "hooge (huge) boogies" from him. He has never been able to stand it if he has the tiniest booger in his nose. I am not sure if this is due to the fact he was on the ventilator so long and the tube was in his nose or what. But, he's been blowing his nose (without a Kleenex of course) so that the boogers/snot are "reachable" and then he picks them out and hands them to me and says "hooge boogie"! I am trying to teach him how to use a Kleenex, but he prefers the picking method. Lovely. If his cough continues for another week, I have to bring him back for a X-ray. Hopefully it won't get to that point.
Even though they don't feel good, they are still so stinkin' cute (Tuesday AM) :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Trisha,
I finally got a chance to catch up on your blog. Your boys are so adorable! I hope you all feel better soon.
Take care,
Heidi
Post a Comment