Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Big Back Yard

Since our back yard was covered with snow and it was RAINING, we met my friend and her kids at the Big Back Yard on Monday. The boys had a lot of fun. Funny thing is, all they really want to do is play basketball there! I would take them to play on the playgrounds, they'd go down one slide and run back to the basketball hoops. Isaac was even trying to play with the "big boys" by the big hoop. He held is ground when they tried to take his ball from him! Caleb was brave and went on the big playground (after a lot of convincing that he'd be fine!). One time was enough for him though:) Not sure if you can tell, but he was very nervous about going up those stairs!




He's not quite able to pedal the trikes, but he's pretty close! (And yes, he picked out his outfit!)










And then there's Isaac, who has NO FEAR!



And recently Isaac has started "jumping" He is so proud of himself and I think it's so darn adorable!



----------
For memory's sake:

We also went to Target this week. I try to avoid taking both boys with me to the store, but they needed milk, so we had to go. Isaac is usually terrible in the cart and Caleb wants to walk (and touch everything). I like to take my time and browse, which I am not able to do with them (although it's probably better since I spend less money this way!). I usually bribe Caleb and tell him if he's good, he can get an Icee at the end. After I put him in the cart, he told me "No whining, no scweaming, no begging, and no gagging. Den I get a swushie."

Gagging?! That made me laugh. (We've had to tell him that a lot lately while eating...which is not so funny!) He actually was very good this time. As for Isaac, I had to stop by the baby food isle and open a can of Gerber cheetos to get him through the trip! (I think everyone in Target was silently thanking me for doing that!)

We took Isaac to the ped today to have his ears rechecked. As Isaac was screaming, Caleb told him, "It's okay, I. Dr Dan not hurt you." So sweet! Isaac is FINALLY healthy and was able to get his 9 month shots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the jumping is so adorable!! And the swushie....too cute!!!