Well, once again I am a slackerita and didn't get my act together for the March of Dimes/March for Babies. The spring that Caleb came home from the NICU, I will admit I didn't even think about doing the walk. We were in survival mode. The next year, I tried to find a local walk to take part in, but for some reason I only found one that was 3 hours away. Last year my friend Cora told me that Milwaukee does indeed have a walk at the lakefront, however I just had Isaac and was way overwhelmed with everything going on at our house. This year, what's my excuse? I am ashamed to say I don't have one. I just didn't get it together I guess.
The money raised during the March for Babies supports programs that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find treatments that helps save the lives of many premature babies...treatments used to help save Caleb's life. I have said before that I wouldn't wish prematurity on anyone. I pray that the March of Dimes will continue to make progress with their research, so that one day there won't be any babies born prematurely.
So, I hope that we can make it down to the lakefront this year and support those who are walking. Get ready for next year because we'll be asking you all to help us raise money for this worthy cause. In the mean time, if you'd like to donate in honor of our miracle boy, Caleb, please consider sponsoring one of his preemie buddies (Their mommies, along with others in our preemie group, have provided me with SO much support since we brought Caleb home from the NICU. )
Amelia
Cooper and his angel twin Logan
Dakota and Julian
Hallie and her angel twin Olivia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the link Tricia! We'll be at the lakefront walk again this year (on 4-25), and would love to meet up with you. We'll be in the pink shirts that say "I heart saving babies" on the front.
Goodness knows, the weather will probably be horrible, but that's April in WI. And next year, when I start fundraising...I'm going to remind you to start too. :-)
Post a Comment