Here's a little update on our little talkers...
Isaac continues to amaze me with his growing vocabulary. This weekend he started saying "I don't know." Now every time I ask him something, he always replies "I don't know." (Well, that or "bee-u" (blue) which is also a common response from him when I ask him what he wants...not sure why he says blue all the time??!!)
He also asks to "wock" (rock) at night now. And also wants his "moosh" (music) on. He's never wanted to rock before bed, so I am taking advantage of some snuggle time with him. But, when he's ready to get in his crib he yells "Done! Done!"
When we are driving in the car, he constantly points out the window and says "Wook! Wook!" until I acknowledge what he's seeing. "Did you see the trees/bird/truck/etc Isaac?" and he replies "Yah!"
When I am changing his diaper, he says "Oooh! Tinky" (stinky) or "dee-tee" (dirty).
We spent a lot of time with his cousins Jakey and Sammy last week/weekend and he followed them around yelling "Day-tee" and "Tammy" And now he points to their pictures in our house and says their names.
When he's eating, he'll start to give me some food and then he'll say "no" and put it into his own mouth! He thinks it's so funny to tease me!
He's constantly trying to get into the bathroom so he can "wutch" (flush) the toilet and then "osh" (wash) his hands.
And probably the funniest thing he's started to do is make "sound effects." I'll have to get him on video because I don't think I can spell out the sounds, but it's hilarious. He does it when he's about to take a bite of something, when I'm lifting him into his car seat, when he hits Caleb, when he's throwing a ball, after he falls down, and of course when he's playing with cars and trucks. So funny, well except for the hitting part! He also "pretends" now and will make animal sounds when he's playing with the barn animals.
----------------------------------------
Caleb has decided that he's not going to call Isaac by his name anymore. He says "my wittle bwudder" (my little brother) when he's talking about him. For instance, "My wittle bwudder dust hit me!" Or "My wittle bwudder can't come with us."
He also overheard me tell Joel that the lady at church was calling Isaac "I-sack" (instead of I-zick) and that I hated it when people call him that. So guess, who's been calling him "I-sack"? Joel and Caleb of course!
Today Tegan told Caleb that he was lucky that he had a "kiddie pool." Caleb replied, "I not a kitty!"
Whenever C gets in trouble, he says "My still wove you!" (I still love you!)
-----------------------------------------------------------
And of course a post is never complete without pictures!
Isaac decided one night that he needed "Weesh" (fish) before he went to bed. I came back into the room and he was wearing his fire hat and chowing down! (Never mind the fact it was 9:00!)


We went to a "Messy Party" this weekend and here's a picture of Caleb at the shaving cream station. They were supposed to finger "paint" on the table with shaving cream. At first C didn't want anything to do with it. But, as you can see he decided it wasn't so bad after all and went a little overboard with his "painting!"

No comments:
Post a Comment