Monday, August 31, 2009

Denial

I think I have been in denial lately. Isaac is growing up whether I like it or not. As much as I want Isaac to stay little, he clearly thinks he's a big boy. This past week I have noticed things that show me that HE'S right:

He started refusing to sit in his high chair, so we got him his own booster seat, which he loves. He can run and kick a ball like he's playing soccer (actually kick it and not just run into it). He's either running or galloping (also new) everywhere he goes...no more walking. He can jump with both feet leaving the ground (and actually higher than Caleb can. And today Isaac was running and then jumping without pausing...) He wants to wear underwear instead of diapers. Instead of saying "Yes" and "No," he says "Yep" and "Nope." He can sing A-B-C-D-E-F-G of the alphabet. He can count to 3. He mimics everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) Caleb is doing. And if we tell C not to do something, like "Take your fingers out of your mouth," Isaac immediately puts his fingers in his mouth. Or "Caleb, stop chewing on your shirt," Isaac will immediately put his shirt into his mouth....we've always known he's a little stinker!

But, even though he's a big boy now, he'll always be my baby!!
-------------------------------------
And this little Joker, got his stitches out today! The bad news is, it's already starting to separate. Obviously not enough to put the stitches back in, but enough that it's going to be a huge scar. I put a butterfly bandaid on it tonight, so hopefully that helps a little. Anytime he gets a cut/scrape, it takes FOREVER to heal, so it will be interesting to see how long this one takes. He might have to wear a bandaid on his head for the next few months....

No comments: