Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Buzz Lightyear's Birthday Recap **PICTURES ADDED**

UGHHHH! I started writing this last week and still haven't finished it! And I still don't have any pics downloaded. We have been so busy around here. Plus, Caleb has had a fever since Friday AM, which I was blaming on his 2nd H1N1 vaccine he got on Thursday at his 4 year check up. But now we're past that being the issue. I am sure they'll want labs drawn tomorrow to see if anything's up. I will finish this post tonight before I get too far behind and then add pictures when I have time.

Original post:

Well, I no longer have a Caleb and an Isaac. I have two Buzz Lightyears. To say they are obsessed with Toy Story is an understatement. Caleb will change his name up and sometimes want to be called "Jessie" or "Woody", but Isaac is always Buzz. If I say "Caleb will you come and help me?" He'll reply, "You mean, Buzz will you help me?" And if I say, "Isaac it's time to eat." He'll say, "No, I Buzz!"

As I mentioned before, Caleb had a great birthday. He was up early asking if he was four today. Then of course he wanted to open his presents right away. We made him hold off until Isaac woke up, which was hard because he didn't get up until nearly 9:00! He was very pleased with his gifts, especially the Waterloo Boy (John Deere tractor) that Isaac gave him.



He had a great time at his party too. He loves it when his friends come over. And even though he was a bit overwhelmed, he did really well with all of the chaos. He was so "gic-cited" to blow out his candles and have everyone sing Happy Birthday to him. He received a lot of cool presents from his friends as well. (He's overloaded with new gifts at the moment because St Nick falls on his birthday and he opens an Advent present every day too.) I am hoping he's not "over" presents by the time Christmas comes!!



(Yes, we went with a cookie cake again, since C won't eat cake. And it was supposed to be a John Deere cake, but the bakery decided that he needed a Packer cake. Oh well, he still liked it. And an attempt at a group shot...several kiddos missing)




I helped out in his classroom on Wednesday (more on that later) and they celebrated his birthday there too. He was so proud of his "4" that he got to wear. Such a cutie!



Thursday he had his 4 year old check up with his pediatrician. He still weighs 28.5 pounds, but he is now 37.75 inches. He's still on the growth chart for weight and height, and his ped is pleased with that. We were given the green light to ditch the feeding clinic for a while and see how he does. YEAH! We also talked about his lack of sleeping. And he agreed with C's pulmonologist that we should go to the sleep clinic. (And now that I think about it, I don't even think I wrote a post about his latest pulmo appt...) I told him that we are not at the point where we are willing to do any "behavior" modification and unless they are going to suggest a different sleep medication, we aren't going to put him through all of that right now. (And of course we aren't keen on the idea of "drugging" him, but his lack of sleep HAS to be affecting how he behaves.) We also discussed his preschool and OT. I will write more on those things later. All in all, it was a good appt and his doc is very happy to see him doing so well.

Caleb was so concerned about getting shots the entire time we were there. (His shots at home have become a nightmare again with lots of kicking, screaming, vomiting, etc which breaks my heart every time). The minute the doctor left the room, C jumped up and shouted "NO SHOTS! YESSS!" Then I had to break the news that he did have to get one shot (his 2nd H1N1 vaccine). Poor guy!

I am starting to think he might need therapy for his John Deere addiction!

No comments: