Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is is spring yet??

I know I shouldn't complain since the majority of you have gotten way more snow than we have this year, but I am tired of winter. (And yes, I know I should get over it...we DO live in Wisconsin....and I grew up in Minnesota!!) Just when I thought it was getting warmer, we got 12 inches dumped on us Monday night/Tuesday and it's back to being freezing cold. UGHHH! Caleb LOVES playing in the snow. Isaac, not so much. (He does like to be pulled in the sled sometimes though.) So it's really hard to go outside when you have one child who wants to stay outside for hours and one who wants to go inside within seconds. Caleb did spend over an hour outside with Joel the other night while he was trying to blow the snow off our driveway. I was so nervous that he'd have frostbite on his little cheeks since it was so cold out. He makes more work for Joel because scoops the snow with his shovel and throws it back on the driveway. Oh well, he sure has fun doing it! I overheard him tell his grandma that he made "a perfect snow angel." Too cute!

They are both getting stir crazy and are getting tired of playing with their toys. (They are definitely not lacking in that dept though!) Isaac is starting to get naughty and will go up to Caleb and take away whatever he is playing with, or punch him for no reason. Caleb, of course, does not take this lightly and quickly spins into a unending tantrum. (And Isaac runs away laughing....)

Caleb had a terrible day at school on Monday. It probably didn't help that he wasn't sleeping until nearly midnight that morning and then was up before 6AM. Like I have said before, his teachers never have anything negative to say about him (And are highly tolderant of his busyness and quirky behaviors). But on Monday, one of them told me he was "easily agitated" and had a terrible time staying on task and sitting still during circle time. He must have been horrible because I asked them if he was better today and their reply was "He was a completely different child today. He was 100, no, 400 times better than Monday." Maybe it was because he actually slept pretty good last night. He was sleeping by 9PM, up from 2-2:15, and then slept until 7:45.

Isaac still hates to leave C's preschool, but he's now realizing how cool it is to be alone with me. He always asks me, "We go shopping?" He loves to shop! He had a huge meltdown today when I told him we were going home. He replied "Not go home! Go shopping!" Love it! (well, not the tantrum part!)

We are still in the process of deciding what to do about our house. We have not put it on the market yet because we cannot find a house we want to buy. We have shifted our plan now and will likely build a new house if we decide to move. We met with a builder last week and he's going to come up with the floor plan "of our dreams." (We'll see about that!) This is probably why Caleb now wants to be a "real live house builder" when he grows up:)

Anyway, not much of an update I know. But like I said, we really haven't been up to anything exciting!


1 comment:

Cora said...

We're going a bit stir crazy here too! Damn February in WI.