I saw a really cool rainbow cake online and wanted to try making it since I was in charge of the cake for "The Babies" party. Joel had little faith that it would actually turn out and made fun of me throughout the process. It took me most of the day on Friday to make it since there were so many steps. While I might not quite be up to Ms Crocker's standards, I think it turned out pretty well. (I doubt I will ever make it again, but I now know that my layers need to be a bit more even so the outside frosting will look better. And it turned out much taller than I had expected, so my cake cover thing wouldn't fit over it. I had to sit with it on my lap, totally unprotected, on the way to the party...I cringed with every bump we hit and prayed that it wouldn't fall off the plate and onto my lap!)

The frosting on the bottom and the "2" was orange, but for some reason, my camera made it look pink. And Caleb helped me make the "dots" (blue, green, purple, pink and yellow) and he told me they looked "perfect."

The birthday girls weren't sure what to think of the giant cake:


Isaac was just happy that we were singing Happy Birthday and that he got to "Blow candles off."

I was actually nervous to cut it because I had no idea what the layers would look like. But, I was pleasantly surprised! And it tasted good too! It was a hit!
2 comments:
It was awesome Betty (Trisha)!! I am still impressed!!!!
Wow! I'm super impressed too.
Post a Comment