Thursday, July 29, 2010

Edward scissor glove hands.


Isaac lives and breathes baseball. From the moment he wakes up to the minute he goes to sleep, he's constantly thinking about it. He'll pretend to throw himself a ball, hit that pretend ball (with a pretend bat), run the (pretend) bases and then slide into home plate over and over again..all by himself. He LOVES The Sandlot movie and quotes it all day long as well. We were at his library time this week and while the teacher was reading a story, he went right up to her and said "Shut your mouth Phillips!" I couldn't believe it. I told you I don't like the language in that movie....

He is obsessed with his baseball glove and it rarely leaves his chubby hand. In fact, he even wore it in church this week and refused to take it off when we went up for communion. Have I ever mentioned he's a little strong willed?


He's actually pretty good at baseball and is constantly asking me to pitch to him. I bought an automatic ball pitcher today so maybe I can get a break from it. We'll see how well it works.


He still reminds us that he gets to play "real T-ball wike Cay-wub" when he's 4 years old. I have a feeling he's going to be disappointed at his next birthday when he will only be three. By then, maybe he'll be onto something else anyway. But for now, baseball is it!

No comments: