Sunday, July 11, 2010

YEAH ISAAC!!

Those of you who know Isaac personally, you know that he's a stubborn determined little man. He's not happy unless he's doing what HE wants to do. Don't get me wrong, he can be the sweetest, lovey-dovey too. But most of the time it's Isaac's way or the highway!

Finally, I have found a time where this "trait" has worked in my favor. Last week, Isaac told me "I not wear diapers anymore." When I asked him what he was going to wear, he replied "Cay-wub's undies." I decided to roll with his idea and to my surprise, he did GREAT! He had 1-2 accidents the first couple days, telling me "I leaking" as he wet his pants. He also became severely constipated because he wouldn't poop on the toilet. But, on about day 3 he "got it" and has been dry since. (He still wears a diaper at night.)

I wasn't even going to attempt to potty train him until summer was over. We have so much going on and are never home. So when he decided that diapers weren't for him anymore, I was very hesitant to let him actually do it. In my opinion, diapers are easier when you're on the go! But, he has pleasantly surprised me and will now "go" anywhere. The boys and I went to MN to visit my parents for the weekend and I am proud to say that he stayed dry the entire 6+ hour drives...both ways...but of course we had to stop what seemed like a million times so he could go. Caleb started saying "Issac, you don't really need to go. You JUST went!!) And he didn't have a single accident while we were there! I didn't even use the Pull-ups I brought! And he has no fear about using public toilets at all. Crazy. Was it really that easy?! I really didn't even have to use bribery for him to do all of this....He wanted M&M's the first couple times he used the potty chair on the first day, but hasn't mentioned them since then. And I made a sticker chart for him, but he never wanted stickers for it! I am still waiting for him to say "Just kidding! I want my diapers back!"

He's so cute when he needs to use the bathroom. He always says "I need to pee. Real bad!" and then takes off running. He can get his undies down, and then pull them back up all by himself (Which is amazing to me because Caleb still cannot pull up his own pants.) And his new secret code for needing to poop is, "I have a headache." That always means he needs to poo:) I keep telling him how proud I am and what a big boy he is. He always replies, "But I still your baby? Right mama?!" Talk about melting my heart!

This picture cracks me up. (He had a minor obsession with the stairs at my parents house.) I might need to buy the next size undies because they look like they are cutting off the circulation in his legs! It doesn't seem to bother him though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Isaac!! I really think he needs to pass on his technique to Mally!! I love the secret code for #2!! Too funny!! Sounds like you had a nice time in MN--great to hear!

Cora said...

Wow! That's impressive Isaac. He looks so darn cute in his big boy undies. Can you believe that no one is in diapers anymore?