Our pediatrician was out of town, but we got to meet "the new guy" and he was very nice and thorough. He won major bonus points with me because he had read most of Caleb's really thick chart before we came in, so I didn't have to explain his entire history. (I love, love, love it when people READ THE CHART!!!)
Caleb weighed in at 31 pounds, 3 oz which is so great. (Isaac was 32 pounds, 13 oz...) His lungs sounded great, and everything else looked/sounded good as well. Given that the coughing started with the stupid bottles, he wanted to get an X-ray to make sure nothing was brewing. The good news is the X-ray showed no change from his previous one. (He hasn't had one in over a year.) The bad news is, there's no change since his last one. Still cloudy, still junky, blah, blah, blah. I thought that his lungs were supposed to start healing and getting better since supposedly kids grow new lung tissue until around the age of six. But, they're not. Blah.
So this doc wants us to see his pulmonologist. That's a problem because our pulmonologist is moving out of state (the only doctor, besides his pediatrician, that I really like in Caleb's "crew"). We've seen him since Caleb left the NICU. He's never made us see a fellow/resident, which right there wins major points in my book. He knows him inside and out and actually looks at him as a kid and not just a body part. When I called last month to switch doctors, (before the cough started) the earliest appt they had was in DECEMBER!! That was fine back then because it was supposed to be a routine checkup (But I still don't understand why he is considered a "new" patient again since we've been going to that clinic for over 4 years. That's another rant I won't get into!) The doctor today said he'd try and get us in sooner. We'll see if that happens....
The cough is definitely not slowing Caleb down, which is good. Hopefully it goes away soon!
1 comment:
Grrr...how can you be a "new" pt if you've been going there for 4 years? Ridiculous. I'd say try to get in quick with the guy you like (if he hasn't already left the state). Hope that the cough clears soon.
Post a Comment