Caleb started school this week. It's going to be SO much better than Texas. His teacher is a former kindergarten teacher, so she really knows what he needs to know. She was very impressed with how much he knows already and has already identified areas that he needs work on. She has no doubt that she will get him up to speed with his peers in all areas. Apparently kindergarten isn't what it used to be and there's little time for play and projects...it's mostly work, work, work. She couldn't believe how much they accomplished in the 2 hours she was at our house. She will be using the same curriculum as his "real" teacher in the school. He will have school on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
Little rant: I am so glad he has been assigned a class again. I am still very angry at school district for how everything has been handled. He was assigned a class in the beginning of the school year, but then he some how "fell off" the list. And they even threw away all of his registration papers....it's not an easy task to register for school! They knew about his transplant and that we'd be back. I spoke with them in November about setting up home bound and again in December once we were home. He should have started his school sooner than 20 days into the year! So frustrating.
I guess what matters most is that Caleb is finally excited about school.

No comments:
Post a Comment