Saturday, January 21, 2012
Silly Isaac
Isaac continues to have a WILD imagination. Out of the blue he will have an impromptu baseball game with himself....pitching, hitting and catching all by himself. Same with football...throwing, tackling, and catching. It's always complete with sound effects. Caleb tries to join in, but Isaac quickly gets frustrated that Caleb isn't doing it "right." He can pick up a toy and be then be lost in his own world of make believe. His imaginary friends (from years ago) still make appearances too. In case you don't remember their names: Can-Can-Can, Turkey, Callen Blue, and Pane. Sometimes they will join in his ball games too. Joel and I always joke that either he has an amazing imagination, or we will be paying a lot of money for therapy down the road. :)
He continues to be such a drama king. He has several meltdowns a day, usually over nothing. We made a "No Fit Chart" for him shortly after I returned from Texas. I was about ready to go back to work full time because I couldn't take it. His tantrums were out.of.control. If he makes it all day without a fit, he gets a sticker on his chart. We may have set the bar too high...he's only earned 2 stickers so far...it's been over a month! Today he was having a "fit" and in the middle of him crying/screaming he yelled, "And this is NOT A FIT!" HA!
He is super savvy with the Ipad. Caleb and I had it in Texas, so Caleb has had way more practice with it, but Isaac is so much better at everything on it. He can figure out how to play all of the kindergarten games my mom has loaded on it, and actually prefers the educational ones over the others. Even if he's never played a game before, he will pick it up after only a couple tries. His other favorite thing to do is watch Angry Bird videos on You Tube.
He also has us laughing daily with the things he says. Instead of "all of a sudden" he says "all a started." He uses this phrase over and over again when he's telling us a story or reenacting one of the plays from his recent ball game. For instance, "Mom! I hit the ball and all a started Pane tried to catch it and all a started he dropped it and I got a home run!" We have corrected him several times, but he gets so into his story that he reverts back to "all a started."
Today he kept saying, "I am bored out of my mind." When we asked him what that means, he said "I don't know, but I AM bored out of my mind." And he's also been using the word "curious" a lot. "I am very curious about something," or "I am very curious about that." He also doesn't know what the word curious means. HA! Such a silly boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment