Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Who Needs Sleep?!

We have been working on having Caleb put himself to bed at night.  He has NEVER been able to self soothe, or fall asleep without someone laying next to him.  He will be up 4 hours past his bed time, wide awake in his bed, if we aren't in there.  But if we cave and go in, he's sleeping within two minutes!

We started working on this shortly after we came home from Texas.  I mean he IS six years old...he needs to be able to do this!  Let's just say it's not going well.  He will sit up and stay awake until 1AM every single night..  He just won't cave into his tiredness.  I have been "strong" for about 10 of the nights...sending him back to his room every time he would get up (which was probably close to 50 each night.)  He'd be crying and carrying on, but I stuck to our plan and made him stay in his bed.  I reminded myself of the Super Nanny (remember that show?!)

However, now I find myself falling back into our same old same old routine.  He starts in his bed and eventually finds his way into ours at around midnight.  I am just too tired to even care.

Here's a video (with no picture) of him singing with his Ipod and head phones last night.  (He didn't know I was standing outside his room.)  I took this at around 11:00 PM and he had already been singing like this for at least 30 minutes!  It was just too funny, Joel and I were rolling!  We were so glad Isaac is a pretty sound sleeper, because Caleb was belting out his songs so loud!  He definitely doesn't know all of the words to these two songs, but he's sure is giving it his all!  The first one he's singing is We Fell in Love by Rhianna, and the second one is Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae.  So stinking funny!

1 comment:

Rhi said...

Oh my!! Your kids just crack me up!! He definitely does not sound tired!! So happy your blog is back up and running, I sure missed it!!