Friday, December 21, 2007

Countdown to Christmas (part one)

It's hard to believe that this will be Caleb's 3rd Christmas. I tend to try and forget his first one. He was very sick and waiting for the holiday to be over so he could be transferred to Children's for his heart surgery. He had been given 6 doses of Indocin to try and fix his PDA, but it didn't fix the problem. It did however make his kidney's shut down and made him very swollen. Normally I love Christmas, but that year it couldn't get over fast enough.
Here are some pictures from Christmas 2005:

My mom got him a cute "First Christmas" preemie sleeper but he couldn't wear it yet. His nurse and I laid it on him for a quick Christmas picture. Joel was getting so mad at us..."Just leave him alone!"
The nurses convinced us to go and have Christmas dinner with Joel's family. It was the first time I left the hospital since he was born. When we came back, we found a little elf in Caleb's isolette!
Check back for happier pictures of Christmas 2006!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Christmas!!