.....Next year, I need to do a better job of hiding Christmas presents, especially those for Caleb's older cousins. Since "big boy" toys are much more fun than any of the hundreds of toys he currently has to play with.I finally got my Christmas shopping done. I am such a slacker. Caleb found the bags that had gifts for his older cousins who are 3 and 6 and younger cousins who are 1 and 2. Of course he was screaming and signing "open" immediately after he found them. So, I decided it would be fun for him to help me wrap them. Not so much. I got out everything I needed for the task and within 30 seconds he grabbed the scissors and cut a hole in his pants. It was like we were in slow motion as I was reaching to take it away from him. I still can't believe that he could operate the scissors that quickly! Once I took that away, he was back into the toys crying when I tried to take one away from him. I finally convinced to him to let one of the presents go "ny-ny" on the paper and then gave him the tape for distraction (another mistake). He really enjoyed wasting 3/4 of the tape and screamed when I tried to use it...ughhhh! I'd hand him another toy when I needed the tape, which of course he wouldn't let me wrap when I was ready for the next one. We repeated this process until all of the gifts were wrapped (some of them twice since the little stinker started opening them when I wasn't looking).

Now I am just worried that when his cousins open the gifts, Caleb is going to think they are his! He has been very dramatic lately (even more than normal) and I can just picture the scene now....his cousins will want to play with their new toys, and Caleb will ditch all of his new things (making people feel bad) and try to take their toys from them. I think I will take some Tylenol before gift opening since Caleb's new and improved temper-tantrum-scream is enough to give me a migraine!
Baby boy #2 update:
31 weeks this week (or 32 if you go by our due-date from my high risk doctor!!)! I had my doc appt today and everything "looks fabulous!" The count down begins! It is sort of strange to think of it that way because with Caleb, each week we were counting up! In 5 short weeks, we'll be "full term." I feel like we have so much to do! I have given up hope that we'll have C sleeping through the night by the time his little brother arrives. For a while he was only getting up once a night for a bottle, but now he's back to 3-4 times again. I guess I am well trained for when the new baby comes! Joel put the crib up in the baby's room and guess who constantly wants to be in it?! I keep telling him he had his chance!
3 comments:
WOW....almost 32 weeks already?! You are just doing fantastic!
And now I know why I haven't wrapped any gifts with Amelia. Putting the tree up with her help was hard enough!
I love your blogs, your wrapping story totally cracks me up!! I finally just got my shopping done too...and I think a week before Christmas is pretty darn good =) What a relief to have that done!!
Wow 32 weeks...where has the time gone??
WOOHOO!!! I am so proud of you! 32 weeks?!!? Is it just me or has this pregnancy flown by (of course my own hasn't flown by).
Post a Comment