We are having a big snow storm today. I think the south-east portion of WI has shut down for the day! We started getting sleet in the middle of the night, which then turned to snow. When we woke up this AM it was raining, started to snow again shortly after and now it's been raining/sleeting for the past couple hours. They say it's going to change to snow again. It's really strange weather. It sounds like the roads are a complete disaster. Even Joel's company called and told him to stay home. Commutes that normally take 5 minutes were taking over an hour. Caleb was SO excited to see him when he woke up. He was manic, running around shouting "Dat!!"
I also want to share some pictures of our trip we took on Saturday. Every year we take a sleigh ride with Joel's family through the Shalom Wildlife Sanctuary. This is the first time we were all able to go. It was only 10 degrees and I was very nervous about taking Caleb, but he absolutely loved it. Santa sits on a tractor and pulls a huge sleigh through the preserve. The sleigh has speakers and Christmas music is played the entire ride. There are hundreds of dear, buffalo, and elk roaming free. Santa also makes occasional stops at cages where little animals are kept. At each stop there is also a big stocking that is full of little gifts for everyone. After the ride, we went into the lodge for hot chocolate and cookies. When we took off all of Caleb's layers, I was happy to find that the only thing cold on him were his cheeks. I guess the plus side of having such a small kid is that he still fits into an infant sized snowsuit! We even agreed to go to a little restaurant afterwards. (Yes I was a nervous wreck at first, and yes, I had my bleach wipes and table cover!) We had such a large group of people that we ended up with a room to ourselves, which made me much less nervous since I knew they were all healthy! Caleb did so well there considering it was the FIRST time he'd ever been to a restaurant (I wish I would have taken a picture of such a big "milestone!") I am so happy we were able to do something "normal" for a change! Here are some pictures from the day. I know he looks like he's not enjoying himself in the first two, but that was when we first sat down and he was a little unsure of what was going on. He actually was smiling and pointing to animals once we got going!

I also want to share some pictures of our trip we took on Saturday. Every year we take a sleigh ride with Joel's family through the Shalom Wildlife Sanctuary. This is the first time we were all able to go. It was only 10 degrees and I was very nervous about taking Caleb, but he absolutely loved it. Santa sits on a tractor and pulls a huge sleigh through the preserve. The sleigh has speakers and Christmas music is played the entire ride. There are hundreds of dear, buffalo, and elk roaming free. Santa also makes occasional stops at cages where little animals are kept. At each stop there is also a big stocking that is full of little gifts for everyone. After the ride, we went into the lodge for hot chocolate and cookies. When we took off all of Caleb's layers, I was happy to find that the only thing cold on him were his cheeks. I guess the plus side of having such a small kid is that he still fits into an infant sized snowsuit! We even agreed to go to a little restaurant afterwards. (Yes I was a nervous wreck at first, and yes, I had my bleach wipes and table cover!) We had such a large group of people that we ended up with a room to ourselves, which made me much less nervous since I knew they were all healthy! Caleb did so well there considering it was the FIRST time he'd ever been to a restaurant (I wish I would have taken a picture of such a big "milestone!") I am so happy we were able to do something "normal" for a change! Here are some pictures from the day. I know he looks like he's not enjoying himself in the first two, but that was when we first sat down and he was a little unsure of what was going on. He actually was smiling and pointing to animals once we got going!

Sunglasses were one of the presents from Santa and guess who wouldn't take them off??!!
Joel, Caleb, Santa, Jake and Sammy (Who is also a big fan of sunglasses!)
2 comments:
Fantastic weather, isn't it? Everything changed to snow out by us pretty quickly, and we've got atleast 6 inches on the ground already! Yikes.
So glad that everyone had fun on the ride and out to eat. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the bleach wipes always at the ready.
I WANT SNOW!! It was a balmy 80 degrees here today- not very Christmasy!
Caleb look adorable as always! And aren't you about 30 weeks now? HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment