Caleb had a wonderful birthday. We started out the day by going to play with his NICU buddy Joshua. Josh was a 34 weeker, but had severe lung issues and spent a lot of time with Caleb in the same row of the NICU. We really bonded with his parents and big sister when we were there and are very lucky we had and still have them for support. You'd never know Joshua was a preemie. I think his mom told me he's 36 pounds. He kept calling Caleb "baby." It was pretty cute. Caleb can sure hold his own though! This is the only picture I could get of them and it makes me laugh. Typical 2 year olds!

After supper, Grammie came over with a TON of presents from her and Grandpa and from several other special people. He also received a lot of money to spend on more presents when summer comes (Which I think is so clever!) Caleb's birthday also falls on St Nick, so he was doubly spoiled. Of course his favorite gifts were the balloons she brought and his new snow boots. He's had a lot of fun playing with his new toys. I have decided, however, to keep some of them in their boxes and bring them out when his baby brother comes.



Since he threw up his entire supper, I thought he'd at least try the cake. No such luck. (Which is exactly why I bought such a little cake!) He messed with the frosting and played with it enough to look like he ate something, but he didn't. Maybe he just wanted to continue his tradition from last year....He really enjoyed blowing out the candles though. I had to light them at least 4 times, so he could keep doing it. (He couldn't quite get them out by himself, but he didn't know we helped him!)
He really didn't want to go to bed because he had so many new toys and books to play with! I think he had a great day. Thanks to everyone who sent gifts or cards in the mail. I can't wait until we can actually celebrate with everyone! Here's one last picture of him with a few of his presents. His smile is priceless!


1 comment:
Wow Caleb! It looks like you made out like a bandit! So glad to see that you got spoiled rotten, you deserve it.
Post a Comment