Friday, December 28, 2007

No More Doctor Appointments!

Well at least until 2008! Caleb had his last 2 appts for the year and they both went great. His 2 year check up went much better than I expected. His doc was thrilled with his weight (22 pounds 12.5 oz) and height (32 3/4 inches). He has gained almost 3 pounds and grew 2.5 inches since his 18 month check up, so when you look at his growth over a longer amount of time, it's really pretty good. He was so happy that he's finally on the darn growth chart (I still don't know why docs are so obsessed with that) He couldn't believe the strides he's made developmentally. Last time we saw him, he wasn't walking or talking. He is concerned about his speech, but isn't going to push more therapy at this time, which is good. The best news is that we don't have to see him until Caleb is 3! Of course I will be talking with him a lot on the phone since C will have many blood draws before that, but as long as we can keep him healthy he won't have to go back for a long time! His ped and favorite nurse even gave him a birthday present, which I thought was sweet!
I also took him to his lung appt. His pulmonologist was also very happy to see how well he's doing. He actually told me that he has no idea why C breathes so fast. He's still concerned about his rapid breathing, but since C is so active and doesn't wheeze or cough with activity and his lungs sound clear, the doc doesn't feel the need to push more testing at this time. Plus, his bronchoscopy didn't really show anything significant which he said was the "ultimate test." I am glad he was honest because so many docs/residents that we see will try and make up a reason or excuse for something, which I cannot stand. I'd rather hear that they don't know why rather than know myself that they are making something up. Anyway, we got his refills for his inhaler and don't have to see him again until May!
I was supposed to have my appt today, but we are in the middle of yet another snow storm. It's actually very beautiful outside, but not the kind of weather I want to be driving around with Caleb in. It's been snowing all day and we're expected to get at least 6 inches, so I called and switched it to next week. I've been feeling great and man does this guy move a lot! I don't think he's ever sleeping. Let's just hope he gets all this out of his system before he's born! I need a kid that will sleep!
We still have to celebrate Christmas with Joel's parents so I will share pictures of our holiday next week. I do have to share a funny story though. We went to church on Christmas eve and at the end everyone lit candles and sang silent night. Since his birthday, Caleb has been really into blowing out candles. After mine was lit, he kept trying to blow it out. There were still people lighting theirs, so I asked him if he wanted to sing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus. He shook his head "no" and said "Ahma!" (Elmo) I guess we'll work on the real meaning of Christmas next year!

Can you tell that he's constantly pushing his limits??!!

1 comment:

abby said...

Great news on the lungs, the growth spurt, and the no appointments until at least tomorrow! I LOVE that picture of Caleb---he looks so full of beans in it.

Happy New Year!