Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trouble Jr.

Isaac is changing so much everyday. He's a babbling machine that is rarely silent. It's so crazy because Caleb NEVER babbled when he was a baby/toddler. He went from screaming to signing to talking. And now when Isaac is babbling away, Caleb joins in too. They will say "dadada" "mamama" and "bababa" for our entire walk sometimes. It's pretty cute. I went to get Isaac out of his crib the other afternoon and he looked at me with a huge smile on his face and yelled, "Mommmm!" Probably not on purpose, but it brought tears to my eyes. He also loves to clap. Almost every time he stops crawling and sits, he claps his hands.
He's also into everything. Macy's water is his favorite thing (if I forget to pick it up in the AM) and pulling books off the shelves and toys out of the bins are also things he does all day long. He's very content playing by himself and rarely needs to be entertained. I have to make him play with me! (Unlike Caleb who always seems to need someone playing with him.) He hates to have books read to him and tries to fling himself onto the floor when I try to read. Caleb has always loved books, even in the NICU, and will sit and read book after book with us.
He's pulling himself up on everything now (including Macy, the dishwasher, and the clothes baskets) and thinks he's pretty cool when he's standing up. He's now discovered that he can let go and plop down on his chubby little butt when he's ready to move onto the next thing. He still tips over from time to time, but he never cries, even when he bangs his head...he's a tough little man (I try to stay close when he's standing, but sometimes I will leave the room for a second and he's standing up by something when I come back!) And the pads that cover the sharp corners of the fireplace must drive him nuts, because when he realizes I put them back on (which feels like 100 times a day), he takes them off...such a stinker!
He's also developing his brother's stubborn personality, even though he's pretty laid back most of the time. He HATES to have his diapers and clothes changed. He can turn from being very content, smiling and laughing to screaming (with tears) and flinging himself on the floor into a tantrum when I am changing him. (Isn't he too young for the floor tantrums?!) He is very strong and I have a hard time doing it when I am by myself. He also hates getting his coat on and getting strapped into his car seat (once he's in, he's completely fine though).
I've started to give him crackers and puffs after he's done eating solids and he loves them. He still has trouble getting them into his mouth, and gets a little frustrated. But once one is in his mouth, he actually knows how to move it around in his mouth and chew. And he still doesn't have any teeth! We never had to teach him how to do this! He never (knock in wood) chokes and I don't have to tell him a million times to swallow! This is so amazing to me. He also knows how to use a sippy cup, something Caleb still doesn't know how to do!
He's growing up way too fast! I have no idea how much he weighs now, but I know he's heavy and seems to be getting really tall too. I love it at night when he's sleepy and likes to rock and snuggle. Because during the day, he's way too busy for that kind of stuff!

And here are a few things that Trouble Sr has been saying:)
*When I was getting ready for the wedding, he said "Mommy soooo pwetty!"
*When I was getting ready for church this week he said "Sooo cute!"
*On one of our walks, someone was burning leaves and he said to me, "Mommy, mell someteen" (smell something) "Is mommy, is?" When I told him that someone was burning their leaves, he replied "Oooh weebs mell gwoss." (leaves smell gross)
*Before going outside today he told me "Gwubs, mommy. Need Gwubs" I asked him why he needed gloves and he said "Cold outtide...burrrrr."

No comments: