Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Wedding!!

My brother got married last weekend. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time with our family and friends. Caleb was the ring barer. I was certain he was not going to walk down the aisle, even though we've been "prepping" him for months. He cried both times during rehearsal, and we thought that Joel would have to carry him down. But, once again he proved everyone wrong. I actually need to thank the makers of John Deere diggers for this one. My mom had gotten him a new one and I didn't show it to him until right before the wedding. I told him if he came down the aisle, he could have it and the others I had brought from home. His eyes lit up and he couldn't wait to get a hold of it. He practically sprinted down to me (and I swear the church was 1/2 a mile long!) leaving his cousin Sonia, the flower girl, behind. It was pretty cute. I was also nervous about him sitting and being quiet during the ceremony (I had a baby sitter at the church for Isaac, which was the best idea I've had in a long time!). I brought all kinds of "nackies" (snacks) and he chowed down on Pringles almost the entire time (chewing quite loudly I should add, but no one really seemed to notice....)


Since neither of them had a nap before the wedding, they were exhausted and cranky afterwards. We managed to get them through pictures, and they instantly fell asleep on the way to the reception. We tried to get them back to sleep in the hotel room, but Isaac had other plans.


The reception was a ton of fun. Caleb was a dancing machine. He wasn't shy at all and wanted to dance alone most of the time, telling us "self." Isaac outlasted Caleb by about 2 hours at the dance. (He slept during the dinner.) I once again had to "let go" of my germ-o-phobia, and let Isaac sit on the floor in our hotel room and at the dance. He was having such a good time and did NOT want to be held. I am still cringing thinking about how dirty it probably was! Nothing a little soap can't clean off right?! (I never in a million years would have let Caleb do this....)



Anyway, here are a few more pics of the beautiful day. If you are on facebook, I have a bunch more on that and will probably add more once I get them from my mom.



No comments: