Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hallelujah!!

Caleb's dentist appt went much better than I ever imagined it would. He had a few minor meltdowns/freak-outs, but did end up letting the dentist look in his mouth. The dentist didn't really get to clean his teeth, but was able to look at them and get a little fluoride on them. That part made him gag pretty badly, so he called it quits. (They didn't even try to have the hygienist do her thing. They wanted to keep it positive for him.)

The dentist was amazed that he doesn't have any cavities, or tooth decay. He attributes this to the fact that he's always been on an antibiotic, which probably also helps decrease the amount of bacteria in his mouth. He said his teeth are "thin" and "small" but are in pretty good shape considering his past. He also said C still hasn't gotten 4 of his teeth! Of course he wants him off bottles completely, but didn't lecture me and said he understood that we're doing the best we can. He was more into lecturing me about how many teaspoons of sugar are in certain foods/drinks. Pretty much everything he was mentioning, Caleb won't eat anyway, which I guess is another "good" thing about having a child who has eating issues. He won't eat candy or fruit snacks and hardly ever drinks juice.

He doesn't have to go back for 6 months! I am so relieved. He got a new toothbrush, but was more excited about the bag they gave him to put it in. He also got to pick a little trinket toy on his way out. And in true Caleb fashion, as he was standing up, he fell into the big basket and knocked all they tiny toys all over the floor!

On a different note, I was looking forward to "warm" today (above 30 degrees), but I don't think it happened. When I took C to the dentist this morning, the car said FIVE degrees and by the time we got home around noon, it had warmed up nicely to TWELVE!! I am so tired of this cold weather. I definitely live in the wrong state. It takes forever to get both boys bundled up to leave the house. By the time I think I have both of them dressed, one of them already has their mittens or hat off. It seems like a never ending cycle! I would be fine if I never had to deal with the cold and snow!

The boys feel the same way and were trying out their sunglasses in hopes that they will be able to use them soon. They were getting a kick out of looking at each other (I rarely get pictures of them together anymore, so the glasses were a great distraction). I just love it when they make each other laugh. Doesn't this picture make Isaac look huge? Who am I kidding? He IS huge (although he is closer to the camera so he looks extra big). I weighed him with me on our scale today, with his clothes on, and he was 27 pounds!! The kid can eat! I am no longer wasting food because I make the boys the same meal and Caleb eats 1/4 of it and Isaac eats the rest! My "Caleb, show Isaac how to take a bite" trick is no longer working.

No comments: