Saturday, February 7, 2009

Much Better!

Well, I guess I complained enough about the weather! Yesterday it was 32 degrees and today it's 50! HEATWAVE!! We played outside yesterday and the boys had a blast (see below). Caleb is still obsessed with the lawn mover and his "shabul" (shovel). At first Isaac was content sitting in the wagon while I pulled him around, but then he finally realized that Caleb was having way too much fun in the snow. The problem is, I don't have boots small enough for Isaac so he was wearing is little slipper shoes and they got soaked. Oh well, he sure had fun! And when they get up from their naps, we're going to try and make a snowman. This is one of the few times this winter that the snow has been "right" for it and Caleb is so excited! And I have a feeling that Isaac isn't going to want to sit in the wagon anymore....

Thank goodness it warmed up because today I got up at 5 AM to register Caleb for preschool. After touring three different schools, this one was far better than the others. The teachers have all been there for at least 10 years and seem very nurturing and loving. They focus on "self esteem and positive self image, social interaction, self expression and communication skills, and intellectural growth." I think it's just what C needs at this point. There's not a huge emphasis on acedemics (like some of the preschools around here), but more on socialization. But, I am not worried at all about Caleb's cognitive abilities.

Anyway, registration wasn't until 9:00, but some people in line had gotten there at 3 AM!! (I am not that dedicated!!) But, I got my first choice and now I don't have to worry about it anymore. There were a lot of people who also got there very early and they didn't even get a spot and are on a waiting list. The time actually passed by pretty quickly because I was studying for my ACLS renewal that I have this week. And also started to make plans for Isaac's first birthday party, which is next week...YIKES!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caleb,

What class will you be in?

Josh