Sunday, February 1, 2009

More from Caleb

"What kind" is Caleb's new phrase. For instance, when I told him we were going to check out a preschool, he replied "What kind a pwee-school?" Or when I told him we were going to eat lunch, he replied "What kind a wunch?"

When we can't find something we're looking for (like shoes so we can go outside) he'll say "Oh well!"

When Isaac is whining or crying, Caleb tells him "Dats fake Idick." (That's fake Isaac)

He's suddenly thinks he's Isaac's authority and when he thinks that Isaac is doing something wrong he says "Idick Michael. No no." And sometimes he'll add "Dats naughty!"

On the way home from the preschool open house, I asked him if he liked it. He said "Yes I do."

He also has been saying "My don't wove Idick" (I don't love Isaac) quite often lately. But on the way home from running errands this week, he told me "My don't wike (like) momma." I told him I loved him and that he was my best friend and he replied "My fwend daddy. Not mommy. Not Idick," with a huge smile on his face. And today when he got mad at Joel, he said "My don't wove daddy. My wove mommy." Such a stinker!

On Friday I told him that we were going to a birthday party tomorrow. He kept saying "morrow." So, I told him say "TO-morrow." He replied "Free-morrow" (three-morrow). Where does he come up with this stuff?!

On the way to the birthday party, I handed him a magazine that had come for him in the mail. He happened to open it to an ad for a doll house. He threw it on the floor and told me it was for girls.

As you can see he's talking up a storm now. I remember wondering not too long ago if he'd ever talk! And now he's constantly making me laugh with the things he says. He's doing so well lately with all of his development. I am so proud of our little miracle!

No comments: