Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Isaac!!

Dear Isaac (aka: IDick, IZ Mikey, IZ, I, Trouble...)

I cannot believe that you are one today! You are growing up way too fast! Everyday you are doing something new and act "older" than the day before. Today, for instance, you saw Macy outside so you went and searched for your shoes. After you convinced me to put them on you, you found Caleb's coat and put it on my lap. When I told you we weren't going outside, you dropped (dramatically) to the floor and threw a huge fit. After you put on quite a show, you got up and and got your tractor and started playing with it like nothing had upset you.

You have already perfected temper tantrums (We're in trouble!!) Whether it's at home, at the store, library or church, when we tell you "no," you arch your back, lay on the floor and scream. You can even bring tears out instantly. But just as quickly as you do this, you can also turn it "off" and continue being the happy little man that you normally are.

You are such a little lovey, always giving us your big open, mouthed kisses. You love your puppy and always follow her around and lay with her in her kennel. We are so lucky she likes you too because you really don't like to leave her alone! You only want to be held on your terms. No more snuggling for mommy at night before bed....you drink your bottle and want to go right into your crib. There's no messing around when it comes to you and your sleep! You LOVE your crib. You never cry when you are done sleeping. You wake up and play in your crib until we come and get you. Yesterday, you managed to push your hamper over while you were in your crib. I heard a loud crash and I thought you had fallen out. When I came into your room, you said "Uh-oh!!" with a huge smile, while looking down at the hamper. You are such a stinker!

You LOVE your brother and want to do everything he is doing. Caleb lays on the floor to play with toys and so do you! I know you wonder why he doesn't want to play with you and takes your toys away. Someday you guys will be best buds. You also love tractors, balls, and books, just like he does. And I am afraid that you are starting to be a TV junkie like he is too. The minute we put on a "show" you stop what you are doing and sit down to watch! I love it that you are perfectly content playing with toys by yourself. You also love to play ball and will stand under the hoop with a basketball above your head until someone lifts you up to make a basket. And you can already throw a baseball across the room.

And it's obvious that you love to eat! But, you don't like to try new things. (Like your birthday cake....) We have to trick you into taking a bite of something new, otherwise you throw a fit and don't want to eat. You also think that you can feed yourself with a fork. I load it up, and you yank it out of my hand so you can do it yourself. Your favorite things to eat right now are Mandarin oranges, avocado (you would eat an entire avocado for lunch if I'd let you!), string cheese, goldfish, pasta, and carrots. You love your sippy cups and drinking water too.

You are a smart little guy with a big personality. I am so blessed that you are our son and cannot wait to see what the future holds for you!

I love you sweet baby!
Mommy

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sorry to read he's battling croup! I hope he had a rather good birthday despite it. I can't believe it's really been a year since you gave birth to him.