Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Big Bwudder"

Before Isaac was born, I bought Caleb a "I'm the big brother" T-shirt. In my mind, I pictured Caleb coming to visit me and Isaac in the hospital, wearing his shirt, and getting a picture of him holding his new baby brother. Well, that didn't happen. He refused to wear it to the hospital when he came to visit us (And he wouldn't even look at Isaac, let alone get his picture taken with him!) And he wouldn't wear it once we were home either.

Well, 16 months to the day after Isaac's birth, Caleb came out of his room and told me, "I got idea!" After I asked him what his idea was, he showed me his shirt and said, "I wear my big bwudder sirt!!" (I didn't even know it was still in his drawer because it's size 12-18 months, and I thought I had taken all of those shirts out...he's wearing 24 month tops now and 12-18 month shorts) Then he let me take a picture of him wearing it! He's so not into me taking his pics lately...

And then he suggested that I take a picture of him and "Wittle cweecher" (Little creature...which is what he's calling Isaac these days. I have no idea where he heard the word, creature!) Not exactly the picture I had in mind 16 months ago, but it's pretty funny since Isaac is so big! And even funnier that C wrapped his legs around Isaac to try and hold him down!


To celebrate Isaac's 16 month birthday, I took him to get his 12 month shots that he missed due to his ear infections. Lucky guy, huh?! He ONLY weighed 28 pounds, 4 oz on their scale, so now I am not paranoid that he's too big! HA!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Now that is a great picture! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Agreed!! The pictures are adorable!! Where do these kids come up with this stuff!!! Too funny!!!