On Wednesday, we celebrated my


Thursday we headed to Oconomowoc to check out the new Imagination Station playground that was just built. It's a 13,000 sq foot playground (that cost over $450,000...all donated by people/companies in that area) that is for kids of all ages and ability. It has the rubber surface throughout so it's safe for Caleb and his crappy immune system. It was AWESOME to say the least. There is an area for kids under 4 that was perfect for Caleb and Isaac. The steps up to different platforms are much shorter than a "normal" step, so they were able to run around without help. The higher areas had half "doors" at the top. So wild kids (like Isaac) had to to turn sideways and go down instead of just running and barreling through (and then falling down all the steps). Most of it is connected by ramps though so that wheelchairs can get up to the top of everything too. Caleb was a lot more cautious than Isaac. And he was much more into the areas that had sensory things like spinning a wheel to move balls (there was 3-4 of these) or playing music by banging mallets on pipes. He wouldn't go down any slides, but Isaac tried them all out for him. Isaac loved the "trampoline bridge," and of course just running, running, running. It stinks that this park is an hour from our house. Otherwise we'd be there every day!


Friday morning, we met up with our friends at Whitnal park. Caleb is more comfortable at this park since we go there often, so he ran around like a wild man this time. He's even started going up the steps and down slides without me being attached to his hip. I think it also helped that his buddies were there. Isaac, was typical Isaac, giving me a heart attack every couple minutes as this playground is NOT toddler proofed with half doors! I think he was happy that Mallory, his partner in crime, was there to play with him!
Friday evening, we headed over to the Blawats for a little get together! (THANKS AGAIN, guys!) Once again, we had so much fun! Jason is a master griller and made some delicious food for us! And Caleb was proud to tell everyone that he helped me make the cheese cake and cupcakes. It was so good to be able to hang out and catch up with everyone. I really didn't take too many pics that turned out, but here's a cute one of Isaac.

Saturday, we headed back to Oconomowoc for a 4th of July party. Caleb and Isaac were the youngest kids there, and there wasn't a lot for them to do. But, Caleb would rather hang out with adults anyway and Isaac just went around charming everyone. We had a great time. We were able to see 3 different towns' fireworks from their house (all very close), which was really neat. Plus, they had some store-bought ones, which were actually pretty good too. Isaac kept saying "oooh!" Caleb didn't like the noise, and kept his ears covered for most of it. But, he couldn't stop talking about them so I think he enjoyed them too. We had some TIRED boys when we got home at 11:15! Luckily they slept in today. I was supposed to work today, but got called off. So, we spent the day at Joel's parents house just haning out.


For memory's sake, Isaac has become addicted to "bey-ees" (strawberries) and I am afraid he eats any more of them, he'll become one! I seriously think he's eaten his weight in strawberries this weekend! And here are a few things that C's come up with this past week:
*When I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up, he replied "Am-bee-nins dwyber" (ambulance driver)
*Joel told him it was time to "hit the hay," meaning time to go to bed. Caleb kept asking him "What kinda hay, daddy?"
*I was helping Caleb in the bathroom and Isaac had his chubby little hand under the door (If I let him in the bathroom with us, he plays with the toilet) and was jabbering away at us. I started babbling back to him, and when I stopped, Isaac said "Yah" like he was answering my question. Caleb looked at me with wide eyes and said "You know baby talk, mommy?!"
When Joel came home and told me that Michael Jackson had died, I realized that Caleb (a huge MJ music fan) was standing there listening. So I asked him if he knew what that meant. He replied "Dats NOT good!"
*We were watching a Michael Jackson documentary one day while I was trying to get him down for his nap. During a part of MJ's early years, Caleb asked me who it was. When I told him it was Michael Jackson, he replied, "Dat not Michael Jackson. He not bwown (brown), he white!" (Obviously talking about his skin color)
I am amazed with his "higher level" of thinking/reasoning these days. He's like a little sponge lately and NOTHING gets past him anymore! I know I say this often, but it seems like yesterday I was wondering if he'd ever start talking. God is GOOD!
2 comments:
Too funny, we just went to the Imagination Station today, and had a great time. It is such a neat place to play. I wish we were closer too.
Caleb, you should ask your mommy if you can come to my daddy's firehouse one day! You would love it. He lets me sit in the firetruck all the time.
Hope to see you at school soon.
NICU buddy-----Joshua
Post a Comment