Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time is flying!

Our summer days continue to be busy. I cannot believe that it's already the middle of July! Nothing too exciting to report. My mom has been here for a week, which has been fun. I have actually been able to spend individual time with the boys, which they love. Although they always seem to be looking for their brother when we get home. Caleb even ran up to Isaac the other day, yelling "Hi, I!!!" and gave him a kiss on the nose. (Maybe he DOES like him??!!) She cleaned our whole house when I was at work last weekend and even washed and waxed our wood floors...how nice is that?!

Oh, I do have some breaking news! Isaac knows his (basic) body parts! I have been trying to teach them to him FOREVER. (Every time I change his diaper, I go through them) I was starting to get a little worried because all of the kids in his library group knew all the body parts months ago (and according to their parents, they've known them "so long they can't remember when they learned them" Great! Nothing like rubbing it in!!) But, recently when I asked him, he pointed to every part correctly, and even said each part while pointing. (He's talking up a storm lately.) Well, except for nose, he says "beep-beep." YEAH Isaac!

He has really been pushing his limits lately. I have started giving him time outs, to see if we can get rid of his hitting. He hits when he doesn't get his way. I tell him "time out, Isaac" and he runs to the chair and climbs up himself. Then he yells "Done, done, done" for the whole minute he's on timeout. He's also perfected his temper tantrums and will have one whenever something is not going the way HE thinks it should. We were in Toys R Us this week and he wanted an "Ooh-ooh-ah-ah" movie (monkey....Curious George). I told him no, and he instantly was on the ground screaming. And I am not talking a little yelling, I am talking SCREAMING with tears. So loud that people were coming over to see if he was okay. When I ignored him, he got up and ran after me, screaming. I tried to pick him up, which made him more mad. It was quite embarrassing.

And when my mom took the boys shopping for fall clothes today, he wasn't any better. He did let the Stride Rite lady measure his feet though, which was really a miracle. But, then he wouldn't try on the darn shoes. I learned that he now needs size 6.5 wide or extra-wide shoes! I have been cramming his feet into size 5, thinking that they were hard to get on because his feet are so chubby (not because they were a size and a half too small...poor baby!!) I just got the size 5's last month! YIKES! Anyway, he scored 2 new pairs of shoes. Caleb just started wearing size 8, which are a bit big for him!

C is doing well. He's started stuttering really bad lately. Not sure what that's all about. He's doing pretty good with getting his shots. They are constantly on his mind though, because one of the first things he asks me in the AM is "No shots today?" He had labs drawn yesterday and his liver function tests continue to be NORMAL!! He's almost earned enough stickers for his "big surprise." I am still debating what to get him. He wants a "Four lur-lur" (4-wheeler). I found a Fisher Price one, but I know for a fact that Isaac is going to want to drive it and it's way too big for him. So, we'll probably get a battery powered John Deere. I know he'll love that too, even though he says he wants a 4-wheeler more. (I've been trying to get his preschool paperwork finished. Hard to believe that he's going to start school soon! (It should be interesting because he's constantly telling me "my don't wike pwee-school!"

Like I said, nothing too exciting going on. (I should have more to report this weekend because we have a lot going on the rest of the week/weekend!) But, here's a pic I took recently. Everytime I look at it, I laugh. Yes, Isaac is wearing C's underwear over his diaper. And yes, skinny man's undies are on backwards! You may have noticed by now that our boys don't like to wear clothes!

No comments: