

And to top it off, he's been breaking out in hives the past three evenings. We are having a hard time pin pointing what's causing them. The only thing that's different is I bought different diapers (Luvs, normally wears Pampers..trying to save a couple bucks!) this time, but he's been wearing them for about 2 weeks and hasn't had a problem with them. As you know, he will not try new foods, so that's not it. Haven't changed soaps, detergent, shampoo, or lotion (we use Dove sensitive body wash, ALL free detergent, California Baby shampoo, and Aveeno soothing lotion) We've played outside all summer, so I am doubting it's allergies. And he's fine all day until we're playing outside in the evening, and they start popping up. So I am wondering if it's a combo of being hot (but again, we've been hot all summer and he's been okay) and the new diapers. The hives are more concentrated on his bottom and thighs, but he also has them all over his back and arms. Weird. So, anyway we bought some expensive nice organic/hypoallergenic diapers to try. If he still is breaking out, then we'll assume it's something outside that's irritating him. If not, I guess it's the Luvs.
When he's had hives in the past, he hasn't seemed too bothered by them, but with these, he's a scratching machine. Poor baby!

-----------------------------------------------------
He's really into going "pa-eee" (potty) on the toilet these days. (He can actually take his diaper off by himself, which is NOT good!) He won't go pee when he's sitting on it, but almost always goes on the floor afterwards. He actually asked me 3 times to sit on the potty the other night. He always said "done" about 2 seconds after I sat him on it. After the last time, he went immediately into his bedroom and peed on his books on the book shelf! He looked at me and said "pa-eee!" And last night after I had him on the toilet, he went out and sat on the floor and peed. I know he knows what he's doing. Such a stinker! I have a feeling it's not going to be as easy potty training him as it was Caleb! (And I am NOT ready to start training him either!)
Here are a few more words I want to add to his list:
46. hep (help)
47. tuck (stuck)
48. wee (read)
49. hey
50. dit it (get it)
51. weesh (fish)
52. dup (get up)
53. duck
54. cack-cack (quack, quack)
55. baby
No comments:
Post a Comment