
The theme this week for Caleb's preschool is the Gingerbread Man. Back when school started, I volunteered to bring in gingerbread cookies for snack this week. I thought that I just had to make them, and they would decorate them in class. Not the case. So while it was much more work than I had originally anticipated (in part because I had to find a good recipe for egg-free men), it was so worth it because Caleb helped me make them from start to finish...he doesn't usually sit still long enough to even start something. They didn't turn out too bad and were actually very tasty. (I might be an okay baker, but definitely lack decorating skills....) Plus, it was a great fine motor activity for Caleb (he put the buttons on them). The kids loved them and had a great time with their Gingerbread Man hunt. (Of course Caleb wouldn't tell me a thing about it, but his teachers told me that he was really into trying to find where the Gingerbread Men "ran away" to.)

And even though Caleb didn't like them, they were definitely little brother tested and approved!
No comments:
Post a Comment