Isaac hasn't been sleeping good the past few nights and he's been more clingy than normal during the day. He told Joel his ear hurt yesterday and today he told me, "I hurt my ear." And he consistently pointed to his right ear when we asked him which ear hurt. So after we picked Caleb up from school, we headed to the peds office. Sure enough, he has an ear infection (right ear only). He hasn't had one since January, so I guess that's good right???? So he left with a ticket for 10 days worth of antibiotics.
Caleb has had a little rash on one of his legs for a couple weeks. First I thought it was dry/bumpy skin, so I used my favorite thing to treat weird ailments with: Aquaphor. That didn't do the trick, so I tried Isaac's prescription strength hydrocortisone cream for a few days, which didn't do anything either. Last I tried his special antibiotic cream for the past 4 days. I thought it was getting a little better, but decided to show his ped to see what he thought. Good thing I did because he has a fungal infection. Thankfully it's nothing catchy and he told me that even "healthy" kids get this type of skin infection frequently. So he left with a ticket for antifungal cream.
Since I only made the appointment for Isaac, we didn't get charged for Caleb! And since we've already met Caleb's $4000 out of pocket max for prescriptions (kind of sad that it was met this year after getting his February meds...), I only had to pay for Isaac's med. Score!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sad, but I'd be super excited about meeting my out-of-pocket max already too.
I hope both of them are cured soon.
Post a Comment