This is what Caleb told me nonchalantly today as we were playing soccer. He has NEVER told me about any friends, so I nearly fell over when he said this. Normally when I ask him who he played with at school he either says, "everyone" or "I'll tell you later." When I asked him who it was he whispered, "Abby G." (He has 3 Abby's in his class this year!) I know who Abby G. is and think she seems like a little "mother"...always making sure everyone is in the right place, listening, etc. So I think it's funny that she is his girlfriend. (He doesn't like to be bossed around.) When Joel asked him about school today, the first thing he said to him was "I have a girlfriend!" Too funny.
And today when we were leaving school, two different kids yelled "Bye Caleb!" and he SAID BYE TO THEM!!! (This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but Caleb usually doesn't respond to anyone outside his comfort zone.) So maybe he is finally breaking out of "Caleb's world," and is aware of things like friendships and playing with other kids. YAHOOOOO! I am just thrilled that he has friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How adorable!! Great to hear things are going so well at school for him =)
Post a Comment