Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Definitely A Boy

I haven't had much to write about lately, which is a good thing I suppose. Caleb has really been pushing his limits around here and he has two big fat, blistered lips and a huge goose egg on his forehead to prove it. He's had 3 major wipe outs this week. He thinks he's more sturdy, steady, and older than he really is. He tries to balance on the smallest toys, run really fast, and climb up on everything. He's been falling so much this week that I started to get a little concerned. He looks like I abuse him! One of his old therapists stopped by to say hello this week and I asked her if it was normal that he's so clumsy. She's always told me that his "mind is ahead of what his body can do" and now he's testing his physical abilities more. I guess when you think of it, his head is in the 95th percentile and his weight and height are barely in the 3rd (that's why she calls him Charlie Brown!) So, he's a little top heavy, which I am sure makes it more difficult to balance, especially since he's always on the move! She hasn't seen him in a while and couldn't believe how much more active he is.
We enjoyed what will probably be our last trip to the zoo on Monday (due to the weather getting cold). He would seriously be happy if we just sat by a door that has an automatic button to push and not look at any animals. He got really mad when someone ahead of us pushed it before he got there and he threw several fits when I told him "no more buttons!" He still really likes to watch the fish and elephants though. He's also turned into a huge lover this week. Always wants to give me hugs and kisses. He loves to lift up my shirt and kiss my growing belly. Such a little sweetie. He's in for a rude awakening when he finds out what's growing in there! I don't see my OB doc until Monday, so no new news on baby boy #2. I think that's about it. I hope all is well with everyone!

He no longer wants to push his trucks......
Poor Elmo gets stuffed into the drivers seat (and no, this truck was not made as a ride-on-toy. He flips up the basket part and sits on it. I'll give him points for creativity on this one!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that he kisses your belly, that is so sweet!!!!