We are now almost 28 weeks into our pregnancy. I am feeling great. Well, except for the horrible cold that I somehow managed to get. (and am praying that Caleb won't get...) I came across a couple pictures from the week before Caleb was born. The first one is an ultrasound picture taken at 27 weeks. Notice how there is no "black" (fluid) around his little body. Fluid not only protects the baby's body, but also helps their lungs develop. I still cannot believe that he survived 9 weeks like that.

I found this picture on the Internet of a baby at 27 weeks so you can compare:
Here is a picture of me the week before Caleb was born. I gained less than 10 pounds with him: 
Here's a picture of my belly now. I have gained almost 30 pounds...YIKES!:
So we are plugging along. I am blessed that I haven't had any real complications so far. He seems to be in constant motion...a lot like his big brother already. I see my OB on Monday for my regular checkup. It's hard to believe that Caleb is going to be 2 next week!! Because of RSV, we are planning on having a party for him in June to celebrate his 2.5 birthday. Of course WE will be celebrating (and I will share pictures with you!)!
1 comment:
WOOHOO, 28 WEEKS!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you! Keep up the good work, Momma. I'm thinking of you...
Post a Comment