Thursday, November 1, 2007

Heavyweights

Caleb had his feeding clinic appointment today. He now weighs a whopping 22.5 pounds and is 31.5 inches long. He is ON THE GROWTH CHART for the first time in his life. 3rd percentile for both, but at least he's finally made it! They were very happy with how he's doing. We are going to start to try and add some lumps in his purees and try to get rid of his night time bottles. Should be interesting!
And onto our other "big boy". I am 24 weeks this week! Viability. It's crazy because most pregnant women don't have to think about when their baby is viable. But for those of us who have had a preemie, getting to 24 weeks is a huge milestone. Yes, there have been some cases of 22 weekers surviving and I know some amazing 23 weekers, but my docs believe that 24 weeks is "viability." It doesn't guarantee life, or great outcomes, but at least the baby has a fighting chance. We are, however, praying for at least 12 more! My ultrasound on Wednesday was great, The baby is measuring in at about 1 pound, 9 ounces. According to my high risk doc, he's about a week ahead of my original due date. I will no longer have ultrasounds unless there's a problem. I might go through withdrawal! I love seeing him move around on the screen. It just reassures me that everything is going to be okay.

No comments: