Saturday, January 3, 2009

Whole Milk Bandit

Isaac has gone from our sweet, innocent baby to a sly little stinker! Caleb has a habit of leaving his sippy cups laying around. Isaac seems to watch him like a hawk and when he puts it down, Isaac swoops in and steals it. He usually just takes a sip and then throws it down, but I have noticed recently, if it's whole milk, he'll drink the entire thing! The other night, I was making supper and he crawled past me with something in his hand. Since he loves to "drive" cars around, I didn't think anything of it. It was actually Caleb's sippy full of whole milk. He took it in the other room (like he knew he had to be out of my sight) and chugged the whole cup! And now when Caleb is eating at his picnic table, Isaac is constantly trying to reach for C's sippy. He even stands on his tip-toes to reach farther! When I try to give him his own, he doesn't want it! Such a stinker!
Our ped said to start introducing whole milk at around 11 months, but Isaac just couldn't wait I guess! I was so worried that he was going to be allergic to it, but so far, so good. I haven't purposely given it to him yet though, but who knows how much he's stolen from his older brother. And it wouldn't surprise me if Caleb actually gives it to him sometimes, because he doesn't like to drink anything from a cup!

No comments: