

Caleb had his first day of preschool today! The first thing he said to me this AM was, "I go to pwee-kool today? I so gick-sited!" He loved it, mostly I think, because I got to stay with him and it was only an hour today. Parents had to stay and have a "meeting" with one of his teachers to go through stuff while the kids played. Caleb checked in with me frequently, but also did a lot of playing. He heard his teacher tell us that next week it would be best if we just dropped them off at the door and told them we'd be back to pick them up (Instead of bringing them in and dragging out the good-byes). Caleb immediately said, "You not dust dwop dem off at da door! Dat's silly!" (You not just drop them off at the door. That silly). He's not going to think it's silly when he finds out she wasn't joking! I can tell he's already worried about it though because he keeps asking me if I am going to stay at preschool next week. And then saying "Why you not stay?" He's such a little worrier! I wasn't going to tell him that I couldn't stay next week because I knew he'd fret about it all week!
Anyway, he loved washing his hands at the mini sink more than anything. He also had fun cutting play-doh with scissors (he's really into cutting right now). They had a little circle time and sang a song about each child. They were supposed to stand up and say their name when it was their turn. Of course Caleb wanted no part in this. He did eventually tell them that his name was "Cay-wub, but I not stand up" I am sure it will just take time for him to warm up.
I was happy to hear that the teachers are going to be very strict about not allowing sick children to stay in class. Their parents will have to come back and get them. I have already told them that if there is a sick child, I have no problem coming back and picking C up. Hopefully we can make it through the year with just some minor sniffles....


1 comment:
Josh had is first day of Preschool today also. He told me after the one hour he did not want to go back! He did fine as long as he was playing but when it came to circle time he wanted nothing to do with it. Must be our NICU Boys! The teachers told me not to worry that he will be fine by the end of next week. LOL!!!
Post a Comment