Thursday, September 17, 2009

Preschool Update

Caleb's second day of school didn't go as smoothly as his first. Like I mentioned before, he was so concerned about me leaving him there. I kept avoiding his questions about me staying by telling him "We'll have to ask Mrs Johnson if I can stay" (Praying Mrs J would say no!) He asked her when we got there and she was about to tell him I could, but and I kind of shook my head "no" to her. She told him that they would have so much fun and I had to leave. He already had tears streaming down his face and then he started crying. I felt so guilty about leaving him, but also knew that the longer I stayed around, the worse he'd get.

His class was only an hour long on Monday, and he was so happy to see me when I picked him up. He asked me a million times, "Why you weave me?" His teachers told me he did pretty good....something about washing his hands A LOT (that's my boy!!) and that he did NOT want to paint. He wouldn't tell me anything about his day. I did catch him singing their hello song in his room that night though, so he must have been paying attention. (And he must have a friend named "Warren" (Lauren) because he always uses her name in the song!)

Yesterday was a repeat of Monday...questions about me staying, why I had to leave, and tears. I had Isaac with me this time and he was crying too because he wanted to stay! He loves it there!

Isaac and I went to a nearby park for a while after we dropped C off. He seemed lost (at first) without Caleb. But then I think he realized it was kind of cool to have my undivided attention and no one there to boss him around. I cannot believe how good he is at climbing now! I really have to watch him because he has no fear climbing up the skinny, curvy, climby things. We also hit the mall since I wanted to take a couple things back, which of course I forgot in the car. I have never taken Isaac shopping alone, and he was SO good! He just sat in his stroller and babbled away. I am so glad he liked it...now I can go shopping every week if I want!! (This could be dangerous!)

We picked up Caleb and his teachers told me that he had a good day. He was excited to show me the art projects that they made and told me what they had for snack. We had to pry Isaac away from the toys and I carried him out of there kicking and screaming! I wonder if they have preschool for 19 month olds:)

On the way home, C said to me "Dey have a fing dat wooks wike a big CD! You see dat momma?" (They have a thing that looks like a big CD) I told him I didn't see it, but he'd have to show me next week. He went on and said, "You know. Da big CD spins wond and wond. (The big CD spins round and round) And then I realized he was talking about a record player! He's never seen one before and thought it was so neat...that sure makes me feel old!

1 comment:

Cora said...

I bet in a couple of weeks he won't even bat an eye at you leaving him. And that is too funny about the record player. We don't own one, so I bet Amelia would be confused by it too.