Well, I spoke too soon about Caleb being fever-free. He started running a 104 degree fever on Monday night. Motrin/Tylenol helped, but the second it was out of his system, he was right back up there. He complained about his throat being sore as well. Isaac also has a cold and has not been sleeping well at night, so I took them both in on Tuesday afternoon.
They were both diagnosed with a virus (I forgot the name) that causes white spots on their tonsils/sore throat, and the terrible cough that they both have. Caleb also has a ear infection that is so bad his ear drum is almost ruptured. This kid can tolerate pain! (He told me one time last Friday night that his ear hurt so I was going to take him to the ped on Saturday. But then he told me it didn't hurt anymore. He probably had this darn infection for 5 days before I took him in. Mother of the Year once again...) So he's on yet another antibiotic and back to using his inhaler 4X a day. His ped must have been concerned about him, because he called today to check on him.
Joel and I both have colds too. So we're a miserable bunch at the moment. I think Isaac is starting to feel better since he's definitley caughing less and back to eating and sleeping, but his nose is a constant faucet. He must be going stir crazy because he keeps asking me "Go in car? Go bye-bye? Please, mama? Go in car?" Caleb is loving the fact that he hasn't been to school in nearly a month. Hopefully we'll be on the mend soon and are able to get out of the house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment