Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thank's Again Caring Voice Coalition!

I would like to thank the Caring Voice Coalition once again for helping us pay for Caleb's injections. Today I found out that our MONTHLY co-pay for this medication has jumped to $2,373.85! And CVC is paying every penny of it. I think it is just ridiculous that we are supposed to come up with that amount of money each month, but am grateful that this amazing non-profit group has stepped in again to help us.

Speaking of shots, Caleb was doing so good with them until about a month ago. I was even able to give them to him by myself, without Joel holding him down. And sometimes, he'd push the medicine into himself after I had injected the needle. Lately, I have been lucky if I didn't get punched in the head and kicked in the stomach. Joel has had to hold him down, with seriously all of his strength so that I can give it to him. And vomiting has once again become a part of him getting shots as well.

Yesterday I decide that we couldn't keep going on like that. Isaac and I went to the dollar store while C was at school and I let him pick out all kinds of "junk" for a "Treasure Box." Later that day, I told Caleb about our new plan. If he didn't cry, kick, scream, or throw up while getting his shots, he could pick out a prize from the Treasure Box. I told him it was okay to cry, but if he did he wouldn't be able to pick anything. Well, he wanted to get his shot right then so he could have a treasure (we normally give it to him right before bed). And he let me give it to him without any trouble. He was so excited to open the Treasure Box. And he already knows what he's going to pick the next time he gets his shot! We'll see how long this lasts, but for now I am grateful that it's working.

And since I haven't posted any pics lately...

No comments: