Friday, June 25, 2010

"I miss my twees!"

This is what Isaac whines every time we go outside. He's referring to "his" trees that lost large limbs during the storm on Monday night. Apparently he misses them being "whole?" Thankfully the tornadoes were at least 10 miles away, but the wind/rain at our house that night was terrible. Here's a couple pictures of the trees that lost a lot of large branches:



After the storm, our yard was littered with several large branches like this and also hundreds of smaller ones too....what a mess!:


But I shouldn't be complaining. Some people either don't have a house anymore or can't live in their house because the damage is so severe. We (and our families and friends) were blessed that night. (Joel's uncle's family had pretty severe damage at their house, but thankfully everyone got out safely.) I normally like storms, but I hope we don't see one like that for a long, long time!

2 comments:

Cora said...

I usually like storms too, but having to decide if/when to wake up Amelia to get into the basement was not fun! Especially when we then lost power & couldn't watch the radar.

Glad that everything is ok with you guys and your family.

Trisha said...

Glad you guys are okay too! We didn't get home from C's t-ball until after 9:00 (way too late for little guys to have t-ball if you ask me, but that's another blog!) so everyone was still up. We listened to the radio on our Ipod while in the basement. The problem was then getting them to sleep after it was "clear". Isaac was up until 1:00AM!