Caleb continues to add more words and phrases everyday. Most of what he says is very hard to understand (his speech therapist says he's about 25% understandable), but I can usually figure it out, especially if he adds his signs, or can show me what he's talking about. Here are a few more examples of his progress with talking....His new phrase of the week is: Daddy doing? Mommy doing? I-dick doing? He's constantly asking what we are doing, even though he can clearly see what it is. For example, in the car he'll say "Mommy doing?" 6 gazillion times until I tell him I am driving. Then he'll start asking "Daddy doing?" until I tell him daddy's at work, etc.
He still refers to himself as Haybee, but when you ask him what his real name is he says "Tay-dub Wyan Teiso" (Caleb Ryan Teisl) It is SO stinkin' cute.
Every morning he opens the patio door and says "Teck da weder" (Check the weather)
He's very into the weather now. I think it's because my mom (who's a teacher) sang songs about what the weather was like each day with him. He says, "Too toudy" (cloudy), Tunny out-dide (sunny outside), and weendy (windy).
He still says darn it, and oh deez (geez) but how has added "Oh dee-a" (oh dear) when something is wrong or funny.
He still says darn it, and oh deez (geez) but how has added "Oh dee-a" (oh dear) when something is wrong or funny.
He gives me a play-by-play of what Isaac is doing. "I-dick twying" (crying) "D-dick up" "I-dick tinky" (stinky)
Time outs no longer have a great impact on him, but if I tell him he's making me sad he gets really upset. Even gets tears in his eyes and says "Mommy happy!" I tell him I will be happy if he listens (stops hitting, picks up his toys, stops throwing toys at Isaac, etc) and he usually stops the bad behavior.
If he doesn't like something that he's eating he'll look at me and say "Don't wike it." (don't like it)
His speech therapist suggested that we replace his weekly speech therapy with group therapy. His "class" consists of 3 little boys, his speech therapist and a teacher. It's an hour long and they work on socializing, following directions, speech, music, and an art project. I thought he'd freak out when he had to go into the classroom without me, but he happily went right in with "Hidy" (Kristy his therapist) It made me sad! The only issue is that it's in a basement of a building that was recently flooded from all the rain and it smells really musty. I need to check with his doc to make sure it's okay for him to be down there. I hope it is because he really seems to like it. My mom and I took the boys to the zoo last week, but we didn't see any animals. C's been to the zoo practically every week (excluding the winter) since he was 16 months old and he just now realized that people can actually ride the train that goes around the campus. All he said was "Too too twain" over and over and screamed when we went to look at animals. I finally caved and while my mom walked around with Isaac, I took Caleb on the train. He was SO happy, and didn't stop smiling. He got very upset when it was over. I told him the train had to go night night for a while. Of course, on cue, the train started up again. Caleb told me, "Twain no ny-ny" I am kind of dreading going back there now. There's no way I can take both boys by myself on the train and guess who's going to think that he'll be able to do it every time we go. Our zoo trips will never be the same again....
Isaac continues to amaze me. He's consistently rolling over from his stomach to his back and today started rolling from his back to tummy. He's really into grabbing anything within his reach and putting it into his mouth. Tonight I was burping him and all of a sudden he had Caleb's sandal in his mouth, which had been sitting on the arm of the chair. He's also found his feet and plays with them a lot. His belly's too chubby for him to get them in his mouth, otherwise I think he'd be chewing on them all day. My mom was here for a week and a half and Isaac got a taste of what it's like to get A LOT of attention. I think he liked it because he's not very content playing by himself anymore, and REALLY likes to be held now. He also doesn't want to nap in his crib anymore. (I took a couple naps with him in our bed while she was here and now he thinks that's where he should sleep all the time.) And when he gets up to eat around 4 AM, he refuses to go back to sleep in his crib. If I bring him into our bed, he 's asleep in a minute. (Remember I vowed I would never do that again??!!) Isaac is one smart little stinker. I let him do it though because I need Caleb to sleep until at least 6, or it's a very long morning! I took Isaac to get his pictures taken a couple weeks ago and they turned out SO cute. I cannot wait to pick them up this week. It's hard to believe he's almost 5 months old already.
1 comment:
Both of your boys are so adorable! I can't believe how much Caleb is talking! And Isaac sounds like such a sweet little guy.
Post a Comment