Friday, September 10, 2010

Caleb's 1st and 2nd days of school

Caleb's first day of school was on Wed. Technically it wasn't a real day of school since it was only an hour and I was there with him. Today was the real deal. He did great. He's at the same school with one of the same teachers from last year and another teacher that he knows and loves. (There's 16 kids and 2 teachers.) This year, however, it's much more structured. Most schools in our area have a K4 program (4 year old kindergarten), but ours doesn't. The class that he is tailored a lot like K4, so he will hopefully be ready for kindergarten next year:) They pack a lot of stuff into the 2.5 hours that he's there. I don't think there's much time for him to be opening windows or getting into the teachers' purses this year!

He has a couple kids in his class from last year. I asked him if he saw that Allison was in his class again, he told me "Yah, I talked to her." Not sure if this is true or not, but at least he noticed that she was there! He also learned how to read the words "boy," "girl," and "friends," which he was pretty excited to show me. I told him that he was pretty smart and he replied, "But I didn't know them until they teached me!" His teachers told me he had a great day, which was so good to hear. The funny thing is he thinks he only has 3 days of school left (next M-W-F) and then he's done. HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Sounds like he is very "teachable" learning those things already =)