Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Isaac's World

I have to write down a few of things that Isaac has been saying so I don't forget.

Everything is "wast week" (last week) to him. Even if something happened that morning, he still says last week. An example "Member last week, I ate up all your berries?" (which was really this AM!) or "Where my balloon I got at Grammie's house last week?" (which was really yesterday!)
------------------------------------------------

He was throwing cars down the hallway and I asked him to stop.

Isaac: But I not frowing cars!
Me: Isaac, I saw you throwing them! Please stop and pick them up!
Isaac: But I not frowing cars!
Me: Isaac, now you're telling stories and remember you need to tell the truth (we are working on this with both of them...)
Isaac: But I NOT frowing cars! My wip was frowing cars (My lip was throwing cars). Not me, my wip!
Me: (silent...I didn't know how to respond to that one!)
-----------------------------------------------------

He has an excuse for everything. And every excuse starts with BUT! "But! Caleb do dat!" or "But! I don't want peaches"
--------------------------------------------

If you ask him something and his answer is yes, he doesn't say yes. He says "I guess!"
--------------------------------------------

He has a new pair of jeans that came with a belt and I went to put them on him yesterday and he yelled "YESSSS! My jeans dat have a seat belt! Wook Cay-yub! My jeans have a seat belt!"
--------------------------------------------

One of his new favorite shows is "Cat into the Hat" (Cat in the Hat).
------------------------------------------------

His favorite book is "Easter Eggs Everywhere." He knows almost all of the words by heart and of course knows when I try to skip some pages!
---------------------------------------------------

He has started to make up words. He usually uses them under his breath after getting scolded about something. For instance if he has to go on time out, he starts muttering "Oh singo, sango, stupid, singo...." It's so cute because he doesn't want us to hear what he's saying, almost like he thinks the words that he has made up are naughty. He's also started saying "Dats waited" (That's rated) when something is wrong. For instance, If the battery was dead in one of his toys and he'll say "Dat battery not working. Dats waited." Or if Macy is barking, he say "Macy is waited." Not sure what rated means in Isaac's world :)

No comments: