Monday, September 6, 2010

Still coughing....

Well, Caleb still has his cough. Nearly two months and counting. I am a little less concerned about it because Isaac has been coughing for a couple weeks now too, although he's a snotty mess along with it. Caleb still just has the junky cough. I am hoping it's just a virus that's taking it's sweet time to get out of C's system.

The Singular didn't do anything for Caleb. And we also did a steroid inhaler for 2 weeks, which also didn't help at all, so I guess that rules out Asthma? Who knows. Of course his ped is concerned and wants him to see a doctor that specializes in asthma/allergies/immune deficiencies and get his take on the whole thing. His ped called me on the way to his son's school open house last week, so I couldn't get too into it, but he told me he'd probably want pulmonary function tests done to rule out asthma. Caleb has these done every 6 months with his pulmonologist! I thought his ped would be up to date on this, but I guess not.

Anyway, he told me to call and make an appt for next week with the asthma guy. HA! I told him I bet I couldn't get him in for at least 2 months. He told me to call him the next day if I couldn't get him in within 10 days. Of course "The first appt available" was on October 29th. So annoying. But guess what?! His ped miraculously got us into the new guy this Wednesday! That's also C's first day of school, so things may be a little tight...

Isaac's cough is much worse sounding than Caleb's, but it's not slowing him down either. When I was talking to their ped a couple weeks ago about Caleb, I mentioned the cough to him. He told me to give him his steroid inhaler to try and clear it up (which it has in the past), but of course it didn't. I am debating about taking him in tomorrow. This type of stuff usually settles into his ears and he was complaining on Friday that his ear hurt (but not since then). Plus, his ped has always said they want to see kids if they've been coughing more than 2 weeks, which he has....

My dad had hip surgery last Tuesday, so the boys and I took an impromptu trip to MN to visit my parents (Thurs-Sun). They did really good in the car, which was so wonderful. Caleb only had one freak out and it was on the way back home. While in BE, we visited my dad in the hospital, went to a volleyball game, and played outside (A LOT). They also had a lot of fun playing with my brother's old Tonka trucks while we were there. I got to catch up with some old friends, which was fun too. And of course a trip to BE is never complete without a stop to the John Deere "store!"

No comments: