Side note: Putting Caleb to bed is a huge process. We have to lay with him in his bed or he WILL.NOT. go to sleep. (We've tried in the past and he will seriously stay awake until we go back in his room.) It starts with him talking our ears off. We talk about the day, he asks his bazillion questions, talk about the next day, etc. I love the alone time with him, but they call it bed time for a reason! So at some point, I tell him that I am done talking to him and he needs to go to sleep. He then usually talks to himself until he falls asleep. (And I usually don't pay attention to what he's talking about.)
Tonight he kept saying, "Breaking up. Breaking up. I just don't know what that means." So I asked him what he was talking about. He told me that "Abby G. keeps telling me that we are breaking up. She tells me that every day!" Poor guy got dumped! (Abby is little boss/bully who tells other kids that she isn't their friend and won't let other kids play with whoever she decides is her friend that day, but apparently agreed to be Caleb's girlfriend a couple weeks ago. I think I've written about her before..Caleb has always been drawn to her.) So then he proceed to tell me that he asked Emily and Noorah if they would be his girlfriends and they told him no. He seemed upset about it, but then he remembered "But! I do have a boyfriend! Brady!" Oh boy.
He clearly thinks that a "girlfriend" means a girl who is his friend and "boyfriend" means boy who his his friend. I wasn't sure I really wanted to get into it since it was now 9:30 PM (and we started the process at 8....) But I could tell his little feelings were hurt about the girls "rejection." So I explained to him that sometimes girls think when you call them your girlfriend, it means you want to kiss each other. ( Really didn't know how to explain it...I hope I can get it together better when we are REALLY talking about girlfriends!!) His reply, "I don't want to kiss them!" So I told him to ask them if they were just your friends and assured him that I am certain that they would say, "yes." Now I am just praying that this is what happens....
And I hope his little heart can be mended from breaking up with Abby G!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment